Mom's "Time Out" Basket

Last week, I showed you the tea basket I put together for one silent auction. This week, I reveal the Mom's "Time Out" Basket I'm about to donate to another silent auction. I had a blast coming up with things to help a mom relax. I even included a DVD for the kids to watch while she has a glass of wine, a cup of tea, does her nails, writes in the journal or, perhaps, reads my book Rescued from Ruin
When I was putting this basket together, I thought of the great Elizabeth Taylor quote

"Pour yourself a dink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together."



Hopefully, this basket will help some mother do just that.


Please don't forget, another basket I helped put together is one you can bid on! Fellow writer Melissa Cutler and I have created a cocktail gift basket. We donated it to the Brenda Novak Online Auction for Diabetes Research. This is a great on-line event in which authors donate items, critiques and all sorts of great things to help raise money for diabetes research. If you've never heard of this event, please check it out by clicking on the picture below. The auctions begins May 1, 2014 but you can preview the hundreds of items donated by some of your favorite authors.


If you need some mom time then check out my novels www.Georgie-Lee,com


6 comments:

Terra Heck said...

Those are nice baskets you've put together for great causes.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Looks like a great mom's "time out" basket! Loved the DVD idea. :)

Epic Mommy Adventures said...

Nice basket! I definitely want my own "time out" basket - there are some great items!

Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you!

Art From My Table said...

This is a great idea for a gift basket. I think as moms sometimes we get 'mom guilt' about taking time for ourselves. What a fantastic way to encourage moms to take care of themselves. Thanks for sharing this with us at FTAF!

Lynn at Nourish and Nestle said...

How much fun you must have putting your baskets together, for great charitable causes. And a great prompt to pay attention to ourselves as well. Thanks for sharing this great oldie bu goodie.
Hugs, LYnn

Ashley Tukiainen said...

I love all your creative basket ideas! Thanks for sharing at FTAF