Costumes from The Old Globe

Costumes from The Old Globe

Last week I attended The Old Globe's annual fashion show fundraiser. On display before the fashion show were some beautiful costumes from past productions. I took pictures of the gorgeous outfits to share with you. Enjoy!


This dress is from the  The Old Globe's production of The Madness of King George. It was worn by the actress playing Queen Charlotte and is late Georgian era.

The Madness of King George, The Old Globe

The Madness of King George, The Old Globe


The Madness of King George, The Old Globe


This Georgian suit is from The Old Globe production of Two Gentlemen from Verona.

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe

Here is a closer photo of the lace cuff.

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe

Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Old Globe


Looking for a stunning ball gown with a hint of history? Then check out this one from Twelfth Night. The sign for it (pictured below) says it is Modern/Elizabethan" inspired.

Twelfth Night, The Old Globe

Twelfth Night, The Old Globe

Twelfth Night, The Old Globe

Twelfth Night, The Old Globe


If late Edwardian is more your style, then you will love this 1919 inspired dress from the production Much A Do About Nothing. I love the purple color.

Much A Do About Nothing, The old Globe

costume, The Old Globe


 I hope you enjoyed this peek at some of The Old Globe's stunning costumes. If you like historic clothing then check out my books because there are lots of pretty dresses in them.

For more posts on period items click here and here.



3 comments:

Joy said...

I would totally wear that last dress. The color's even good for me!

Tina said...

I love the dresses, wouldn't it be interesting if we dressed like this now. I would certainly move out of Florida as the clothing would be too hot. Pretty dresses, nice slice of history.

Unknown said...

I love Elizabethen myself!! So pretty. That red dress is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing at #bloggerspotlight! Don't forget to come link up tomorrow night and see who got featured!